0 Shouts - 8,582 Scrobbles
Amancio d'Silva (1936-1996) was an Indian-born jazz guitarist and composer. D'Silva was born on the 19th March 1936 in Bombay (now Mumbai), India, to Goan parents. He took up the guitar in his teens, influenced by American jazz guitarists such as Charlie Christian and Wes Montgomery, whom he heard on the radio, and he soon began performing with local jazz groups. By his early twenties he had formed his own group, including saxophonist Braz Gonzalvez and pianist Anacleto Naronha, and toured around India.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Integration - (4:19) - 166 plays
- A Street In Bombay - (10:57) - 106 plays
- Ganges - (6:17) - 46 plays
- Maharani - (4:15) - 25 plays
- Joyce Country - (6:27) - 20 plays
- Jaipur - (6:47) - 26 plays
- We Tell You This - (6:59) - 18 plays
- Cry Free - (7:48) - 18 plays
- Eastern Dawn - (11:26) - 9 plays
- What Maria Sees - (7:55) - 10 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online