0 Shouts - 114,692 Scrobbles
Alvin Lucier (born May 14, 1931) is an American composer of music and sound installations exploring acoustic phenomena, especially resonance, as well as a former member of the Sonic Arts Union along with Robert Ashley, David Behrman, and Gordon Mumma.Read More...
As a self-acknowledged composer of experimental music, Lucier's compositions sometimes deal with elements of indeterminacy. Much of his work is heavily informed by science, revolving around the physical properties of sound itself: resonance of spaces, phase interference between closely-tuned pitches, and the transmission of sound through physical media.
Lucier was born in Nashua, New Hampshire and studied at Yale University and Brandeis University and spent two years in Rome on a Fulbright Fellowship.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- I Am Sitting In A Room - 14,354 plays
- Still Lives IV. Lamp Shade - 5,912 plays
- Still Lives I. Sunlight Diamond - 4,723 plays
- Music for Piano with Slow Sweep Pure Wave Oscillators - 3,561 plays
- Still Lives VI. Ferns - 3,483 plays
- Music for Piano with One or More Snare Drums - 2,462 plays
- Still Lives VII. Bread Knife - 2,755 plays
- Still Lives II. Hammock - 2,499 plays
- The Wire III - 1,707 plays
- Music on a long thin wire - 2,329 plays