60 Shouts - 109,475 Scrobbles
Alvin Lucier (born May 14, 1931) is an American composer of music and sound installations exploring acoustic phenomena, especially resonance, as well as a former member of the Sonic Arts Union along with Robert Ashley, David Behrman, and Gordon Mumma. As a self-acknowledged composer of experimental music, Lucier's compositions sometimes deal with elements of indeterminacy. Much of his work is heavily informed by science...
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- I Am Sitting In A Room - (45:20) - 601 plays
- Still and moving lines of silence in families of hyperbolas: voice - (11:40) - 113 plays
- Sound Patterns - (4:00) - 62 plays
- Music on a long thin wire - 88 plays
- Music for Piano with Slow Sweep Pure Wave Oscillators - (16:27) - 44 plays
- North American Time Capsule 1967 - (10:18) - 36 plays
- Bird and Person Dyning - (23:54) - 58 plays
- Music On A Long Thin Wire 1 - 35 plays
- Sferics - (8:12) - 31 plays
- Music on a Long Thin Wire (edit) - (6:45) - 42 plays