0 Shouts - 112,857 Scrobbles
Alvin Lucier (born May 14, 1931) is an American composer of music and sound installations exploring acoustic phenomena, especially resonance, as well as a former member of the Sonic Arts Union along with Robert Ashley, David Behrman, and Gordon Mumma.Read More...
As a self-acknowledged composer of experimental music, Lucier's compositions sometimes deal with elements of indeterminacy. Much of his work is heavily informed by science, revolving around the physical properties of sound itself: resonance of spaces, phase interference between closely-tuned pitches, and the transmission of sound through physical media.
Lucier was born in Nashua, New Hampshire and studied at Yale University and Brandeis University and spent two years in Rome on a Fulbright Fellowship.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- I Am Sitting In A Room - 14,100 plays
- Still Lives IV. Lamp Shade - 5,892 plays
- Still Lives I. Sunlight Diamond - 4,702 plays
- Music for Piano with Slow Sweep Pure Wave Oscillators - 3,532 plays
- Still Lives VI. Ferns - 3,466 plays
- Music for Piano with One or More Snare Drums - 2,459 plays
- Still Lives VII. Bread Knife - 2,737 plays
- Still Lives II. Hammock - 2,478 plays
- The Wire III - 1,683 plays
- Music on a long thin wire - 2,290 plays