59 Shouts - 106,281 Scrobbles
Alvin Lucier (born May 14, 1931) is an American composer of music and sound installations exploring acoustic phenomena, especially resonance, as well as a former member of the Sonic Arts Union along with Robert Ashley, David Behrman, and Gordon Mumma. As a self-acknowledged composer of experimental music, Lucier's compositions sometimes deal with elements of indeterminacy. Much of his work is heavily informed by science...
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- I Am Sitting In A Room - (45:20) - 531 plays
- Still and moving lines of silence in families of hyperbolas: voice - (11:40) - 92 plays
- Music for Piano with Slow Sweep Pure Wave Oscillators - (16:27) - 55 plays
- Music on a long thin wire - 81 plays
- Sound Patterns - (4:00) - 33 plays
- Music On A Long Thin Wire 1 - 59 plays
- MUSIC FOR GAMELAN INSTRUMENTS, MICROPHONES, AMPLIFIERS & LOUDSPEAKERS - Theme (excerpt) - (3:01) - 271 plays
- Still Lives IV. Lamp Shade - (2:38) - 48 plays
- Music for Alpha Waves, Assorted Percussion, and Automated Coded Relays - (4:04) - 25 plays
- music for piano with magnetic strings - (22:59) - 26 plays