59 Shouts - 106,972 Scrobbles
Alvin Lucier (born May 14, 1931) is an American composer of music and sound installations exploring acoustic phenomena, especially resonance, as well as a former member of the Sonic Arts Union along with Robert Ashley, David Behrman, and Gordon Mumma. As a self-acknowledged composer of experimental music, Lucier's compositions sometimes deal with elements of indeterminacy. Much of his work is heavily informed by science...
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- I Am Sitting In A Room - (45:20) - 561 plays
- Still and moving lines of silence in families of hyperbolas: voice - (11:40) - 95 plays
- Music on a long thin wire - 80 plays
- Music for Piano with Slow Sweep Pure Wave Oscillators - (16:27) - 49 plays
- Sound Patterns - (4:00) - 39 plays
- Bird and Person Dyning - (23:54) - 52 plays
- Music On A Long Thin Wire 1 - 56 plays
- Vespers - (15:59) - 46 plays
- MUSIC FOR GAMELAN INSTRUMENTS, MICROPHONES, AMPLIFIERS & LOUDSPEAKERS - Theme (excerpt) - (3:01) - 105 plays
- North American Time Capsule 1967 - (10:18) - 28 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online