56 Shouts - 101,014 Scrobbles
Alvin Lucier (born May 14, 1931) is an American composer of music and sound installations exploring acoustic phenomena, especially resonance, as well as a former member of the Sonic Arts Union along with Robert Ashley, David Behrman, and Gordon Mumma. As a self-acknowledged composer of experimental music, Lucier's compositions sometimes deal with elements of indeterminacy. Much of his work is heavily informed by science...
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- I Am Sitting In A Room - (45:20) - 459 plays
- Still and moving lines of silence in families of hyperbolas: voice - (11:40) - 160 plays
- Still Lives I. Sunlight Diamond - (2:37) - 135 plays
- Still Lives IV. Lamp Shade - (2:38) - 101 plays
- Music for Piano with Slow Sweep Pure Wave Oscillators - (16:27) - 93 plays
- Still Lives VI. Ferns - (3:25) - 101 plays
- Still Lives VII. Bread Knife - (2:49) - 94 plays
- Still Lives II. Hammock - (2:39) - 107 plays
- Music on a long thin wire - 75 plays
- Still Lives V. Two Floor Tiles - (3:02) - 81 plays