33 Shouts - 887,651 Scrobbles
Allen Toussaint (born January 14, 1938) is an American musician, songwriter and record producer and one of the most influential figures in New Orleans R&B who was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1998. In the 1960s and 1970s, he was a prolific writer, producer and arranger, creating numerous hits for a variety of artists including Lee Dorsey, Robert Palmer, The Showmen, The Meters, Betty Wright, Solomon Burke and Willie West. He produced material for Dr John, Labelle, Chocolate Milk and Aaron Neville amongst many more.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- St. James Infirmary - (2:23) - 3,795 plays
- Blue Drag - (4:21) - 1,958 plays
- Egyptian Fantasy - (4:38) - 1,530 plays
- Last Train (Remastered LP Version) - (3:01) - 1,309 plays
- Last Train - (3:00) - 1,344 plays
- Singin' The Blues - (5:38) - 1,319 plays
- Goin' Down (Remastered LP Version) - (2:58) - 1,013 plays
- West End Blues - (3:49) - 1,125 plays
- Bright Mississippi - (5:06) - 1,030 plays
- From a Whisper to a Scream - (3:27) - 986 plays