118 Shouts - 1,909,609 Scrobbles
Alison Moyet (born Genevieve Alison Jane Moyet on 18 June 1961 - Billericay, Essex, England), is an English pop singer-songwriter noted for her bluesy voice. Moyet was born to a French father and English mother. She grew up in Basildon, where she attended school. After leaving school at 16, she worked as a shop worker and a piano tuner. She was involved in a number of punk rock, pub rock and blues bands in the South East Essex area during the late 1970s and early 1980s, including The Vandals and the Screamin' Ab Dabs, The Vicars, The Vandals (UK 1978) and The Little Roosters.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsWhat can I do to make light of this dull dull day?
What switch can I pull to illuminate the way?
Show me one direction, I will not question again
For a warm injection, is all I need to calm the pain
We all need a love resurrection
- LyricsYou took your time to come back this time
The grass has grown under your feet
In your absence I changed my mind
And someone else is sitting in your seat
I know that I said there'd be no one else
- LyricsIn a fleeting moment of a restless day
Driven to distraction I was captured by the game
I have often wondered why I ever wanted to
Leave these scattered hours behind me and speed myself to you
I choose never to forget
- LyricsIt's that ole devil called love again
Gets behind me and keeps giving me
That shove again
Putting rain in my eyes
Tears in my dreams
- LyricsSuddenly the landscape has changed
In the stream, what is square?
Would you put the lights out? Dead
Look at all the lights out there
- When I Was Your Girl - (3:39) - 6,388 plays
- Changeling - (2:58) - 5,820 plays
- Invisible - (3:56) - 4,060 plays
- Right as Rain - (3:08) - 4,756 plays
- Weak In The Presence Of Beauty - (3:46) - 3,189 plays