Alice in Chains
10,046 Shouts - 56,955,689 Scrobbles
Alice in Chains are a rock band which formed in 1987 in Seattle, Washington, United States. Drawing equally from the heavy riffing of metal and the gloomy strains of grunge, the band developed a bleak, nihilistic sound that balanced grinding metallic riffs with subtly textured acoustic numbers. They were hard enough for metal fans, yet their dark subject matter and punky attack placed them among the front ranks of the Seattle-based grunge bands. While this dichotomy helped the group soar to multi-platinum status with their second album, 1992's Dirt, it also divided them.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsKnow me, broken by my master
Teach thee, on child of love hereafter
Into the flood again
Same old trip it was back then
So I made a big mistake
- LyricsI'm the man in the box, buried in my shit
Won't you come and save me, save me?
Feed my eyes, can you sew them shut?
Jesus Christ, deny your maker
He who tries, will be wasted
- LyricsAin't found a way to kill me yet
Eyes burn with stinging sweat
Seems every path leads me to nowhere
Wife and kids household pet
Army green was no safe bet
- LyricsI believe them bones are me
Some say"We're born into the grave"
I feel so alone, gonna end up a
Big ole pile a them bones
Dust rise right on over my time
- LyricsBury me softly in this womb
I give this part of me for you
Sand rains down and here I sit
Holding rare flowers
In her tomb in bloom
- Nutshell - (4:57) - 159,346 plays
- Angry Chair - (4:36) - 116,247 plays
- No Excuses - (4:57) - 118,014 plays
- Heaven Beside You - (5:30) - 95,617 plays
- Check My Brain - (3:57) - 80,526 plays