158 Shouts - 666,580 Scrobbles
Alfred Schnittke (Russian: Альфред Гарриевич Шнитке; born November 24, 1934 in Engels, USSR; died August 3, 1998 in Hamburg) was a russian composer, pianist, theoretician of music and educator. His music is derived from various traditions: Russian (Dmitri Shostakovich, Igor Stravinsky), German (Gustav Mahler, Alban Berg), and American (Charles Ives). Among other things he composed nine symphonies (the last one unfinished), six concerti grossi, four violin concertos, three piano, two cello, a double concerto (for violin, viola, and cello), four string quartets, and three operas.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Requiem - (4:12) - 608 plays
- Tuba mirum - (3:39) - 523 plays
- Fuga for solo violin - (4:45) - 482 plays
- Recordare - (2:40) - 456 plays
- Klingende Buchstaben for solo cello - (4:20) - 389 plays
- Suite im alten Stil (1972): Pantomime - (3:00) - 352 plays
- Musica nostalgica - (4:21) - 421 plays
- Dies Irae - (1:12) - 279 plays
- Credo - (3:43) - 348 plays
- Kyrie - (2:24) - 274 plays