8 Shouts - 84,812 Scrobbles
Alexis Korner (born Alexis Andrew Nicholas Koerner, 19 April 1928 in Paris, France - died 1 January 1984 in Westminster, Central London), was an English blues musician, born to an Austrian father and Greek mother. Korner is probably best remembered as a networker and blues historian, although he was a proficient guitarist and a distinctive (if not accomplished) vocalist. Often referred to as "the Father of British Blues", Korner was instrumental in bringing together various English blues musicians.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- I Got My Mojo Working - (4:23) - 161 plays
- One Scotch, One Bourbon, One Beer - (2:59) - 149 plays
- Mary Open The Door - (4:45) - 106 plays
- Sweet Home Chicago - (4:01) - 82 plays
- Honky Tonk Woman - (3:46) - 77 plays
- Long Black Train - (3:04) - 110 plays
- Operator - (4:42) - 102 plays
- Get Off My Cloud - (5:28) - 51 plays
- Blue Monday - (2:25) - 50 plays
- Key To The Highway - (4:49) - 64 plays