0 Shouts - 8,255,107 Scrobbles
Alexander George "Alex" Clare (born 14 September 1985) is a British singer and songwriter from south-west London now living in north-west London, UK. The Too Close Songfacts says that he took up the trumpet and drums as a youngster, but as he grew older he graduated to guitar-based songwriting, playing open-mike nights with original material. Clare dated Amy Winehouse for a year during these early days, after meeting her during a performance at The Hawley Arms in Camden, North London. A demo earned him a deal with the Island label in the U.K.Read More...
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsYou know I'm not one to break promises
I don't want to hurt you but I need to breathe
At the end of it all you're still my best friend
But there's something inside that I need to release
Which way is right?
- LyricsWakin' up in someone else's bed,
Was what I was waitin' for
Oh my days what have I done,
She saw me sneaking out the door
What have I been waiting for,
- LyricsMy heart just sank the moment I, saw you,
You're the image of a girl, that I used to know.
Don't be alarmed if it seems hard, for me to explain,
But every detail of your face, makes me recall the name.
Hmm I'm treading water,
- LyricsLike a hummingbird in flight you are
Hovering, hovering near me
As I would need you to fly away, don't fly away
What can I say? You have to wait
I find it hard to say it articulate
- LyricsRelax my beloved, don't worry for me
Don't shed a tear for me always be near for me
Be comforted my love don't bow you head for me
Promise you'll smile for me don't ever cry for me
You know these walls they may fall down
- Hands Are Clever - 266,159 plays
- Whispering - 269,952 plays
- When Doves Cry - 300,162 plays
- I Love You - 209,827 plays
- Tight Rope - 210,006 plays