0 Shouts - 7,754,526 Scrobbles
Alex Clare is a British singer and musician from south-west London now living in north-west London, UK. The Too Close Songfacts says that he took up the trumpet and drums as a youngster, but as he grew older he graduated to guitar-based songwriting, playing open-mike nights with original material. Clare dated Amy Winehouse for a year during these early days, after meeting her during a performance at The Hawley Arms in Camden, North London. A demo earned him a deal with the Island label in the U.K.Read More...
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsYou know I'm not one to break promises
I don't want to hurt you but I need to breathe
At the end of it all you're still my best friend
But there's something inside that I need to release
Which way is right?
- LyricsWakin' up in someone else's bed,
Was what I was waitin' for
Oh my days what have I done,
She saw me sneaking out the door
What have I been waiting for,
- LyricsMy heart just sank the moment I, saw you,
You're the image of a girl, that I used to know.
Don't be alarmed if it seems hard, for me to explain,
But every detail of your face, makes me recall the name.
Hmm I'm treading water,
- LyricsTake what you need and leave the rest,
No I don't mind, no I don't mind,
I'll get this off my chest,
There's no where else I'd rather be
Come flying in, and then again,
- LyricsRelax my beloved, don't worry for me
Don't shed a tear for me, always be near for me
Be comforted my love, don't bow you head for me
Promise you'll smile for me, don't ever cry for me
You know these walls
- Hands Are Clever - 258,414 plays
- Whispering - 250,601 plays
- When Doves Cry - 291,223 plays
- I Love You - 202,355 plays
- Tight Rope - 203,386 plays