Alec Empire vs. Merzbow
57 Shouts - 114,538 Scrobbles
“Live CBGB's NYC 1998” is a live album by German digital hardcore/ breakcore pioneer Alec Empire and Japanese noise artist Masami "Merzbow" Akita, released on DHR in 2003. The two artists collaborated together during the legendary November 4th show at the 1998 Digital Hardcore Festival at CBGB's, New York City. It captures Alec in his DJ 6666 era, his harsh Death Funk sound of his previous DHR releases pushed to its noisiest extreme as he and Merzbow improvise sounds of distorted brutality.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- The White Man Destroys His Own Race - (2:28) - 243 plays
- A Fire Will Burn - (0:48) - 218 plays
- The Alliance - (3:17) - 227 plays
- The Destroyer and Merzbow - (2:24) - 151 plays
- Nightmare Vision - (2:08) - 227 plays
- Curse of the Golden Angel - (3:26) - 108 plays
- Dawn - (1:48) - 113 plays
- Brooklyn Connection - (2:11) - 202 plays
- The Full Destroyer / Merzbow Meltdown - (4:26) - 155 plays
- The Predator - (1:49) - 109 plays