Albion Country Band
5 Shouts - 21,513 Scrobbles
The Albion Country Band, (also known as The Albion Band) were an English electric folk band.
The band was formed in April 1972 by Fairport Convention and Steeleye Span founding member Ashley Hutchings initially to accompany singer Shirley Collins on her 'No Roses' album. Dave Mattacks from Fairport Convention was recruited, and later that year Richard Thompson and Linda Thompson also joined for a short tour.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- I Was A Young Man - (4:06) - 200 plays
- Albion Sunrise - (2:56) - 114 plays
- Hanged I Shall Be - (6:22) - 113 plays
- Battle Of The Somme - (1:50) - 67 plays
- Claudy Banks - (4:34) - 66 plays
- Just As The Tide Was A 'Flowing - (2:09) - 55 plays
- Gallant Poacher - (4:27) - 50 plays
- Van Dieman's Land - (4:57) - 45 plays
- The New St. George / La Rotta - (4:14) - 35 plays
- Morris Dance Tunes - (6:10) - 33 plays