Albion Country Band
5 Shouts - 21,133 Scrobbles
The Albion Country Band, (also known as The Albion Band) were an English electric folk band.
The band was formed in April 1972 by Fairport Convention and Steeleye Span founding member Ashley Hutchings initially to accompany singer Shirley Collins on her 'No Roses' album. Dave Mattacks from Fairport Convention was recruited, and later that year Richard Thompson and Linda Thompson also joined for a short tour.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- I Was A Young Man - (4:06) - 228 plays
- Hanged I Shall Be - (6:22) - 184 plays
- Albion Sunrise - (2:56) - 129 plays
- Claudy Banks - (4:34) - 102 plays
- Battle Of The Somme - (1:50) - 86 plays
- Just As The Tide Was A 'Flowing - (2:09) - 73 plays
- Van Dieman's Land - (4:57) - 78 plays
- Morris Dance Tunes - (6:10) - 53 plays
- Gallant Poacher - (4:27) - 59 plays
- The White Hare - (2:42) - 50 plays