Albion Country Band
5 Shouts - 18,331 Scrobbles
The Albion Country Band, (also known as The Albion Band) were an English electric folk band.
The band was formed in April 1972 by Fairport Convention and Steeleye Span founding member Ashley Hutchings initially to accompany singer Shirley Collins on her 'No Roses' album. Dave Mattacks from Fairport Convention was recruited, and later that year Richard Thompson and Linda Thompson also joined for a short tour.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Claudy Banks - (4:34) - 302 plays
- I Was A Young Man - (4:06) - 303 plays
- Hanged I Shall Be - (6:22) - 216 plays
- Van Dieman's Land - (4:58) - 150 plays
- Just As The Tide Was A 'Flowing - (2:10) - 136 plays
- Albion Sunrise - (2:56) - 181 plays
- Battle Of The Somme - (1:50) - 133 plays
- Gallant Poacher - (4:27) - 120 plays
- The White Hare - (2:42) - 101 plays
- Morris Dance Tunes - (6:11) - 90 plays