145 Shouts - 745,765 Scrobbles
Albert Ayler (born July 13th, 1936 in Cleveland Heights, Ohio – New York City, November 1970) was the most primal of the free jazz musicians of the 1960s. He possessed a deep blistering tone—achieved by using the stiffest plastic reeds he could find on his tenor saxophone—and a broad, pathos-filled vibrato that came right out of church music. His trio and quartet records of 1964, like 'Spiritual Unity' and 'The Hilversum Sessions'...
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Ghosts - (2:46) - 1,842 plays
- Spirits - (7:57) - 1,146 plays
- Heart Love - (5:32) - 822 plays
- The Wizard - (6:56) - 798 plays
- Summertime - (8:45) - 663 plays
- Ghosts: First Variation - (5:15) - 702 plays
- Truth Is Marching In - (12:42) - 599 plays
- Our Prayer - (4:46) - 531 plays
- Spirits Rejoice - (7:26) - 562 plays
- Music Is The Healing Force Of The Universe - (8:36) - 456 plays