140 Shouts - 680,433 Scrobbles
Albert Ayler (born July 13th, 1936 in Cleveland Heights, Ohio – New York City, November 1970) was the most primal of the free jazz musicians of the 1960s. He possessed a deep blistering tone—achieved by using the stiffest plastic reeds he could find on his tenor saxophone—and a broad, pathos-filled vibrato that came right out of church music. His trio and quartet records of 1964, like 'Spiritual Unity' and 'The Hilversum Sessions'...
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Ghosts - (2:46) - 1,553 plays
- Spirits - (7:57) - 1,470 plays
- The Wizard - (7:20) - 980 plays
- Our Prayer - (4:46) - 739 plays
- Truth Is Marching In - (12:42) - 777 plays
- Ghosts: First Variation - (5:15) - 777 plays
- Spirits Rejoice - (7:26) - 768 plays
- Summertime - (8:45) - 722 plays
- Angels - (9:53) - 608 plays
- Bells - (3:07) - 598 plays