257 Shouts - 841,048 Scrobbles
The Finnish band Alamaailman Vasarat, which translates to "the Hammers of the Underworld" in English, create music influenced by Klezmer and other forms of European folk music and play it with the ferocity of a punk or metal act. Abandoning major keys for the most part and guitars all together, the group performs on such instruments as a pump organ, saxophone, and distorted cello. Although the basic rhythms the band uses are conventional polka and bossa nova, by speeding them up and adding primal drumming, their intense music has been known to even inspire stage diving.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Vasaraasialainen - (5:50) - 791 plays
- Mielisaurus - (3:30) - 722 plays
- Astiatehdas - (3:08) - 746 plays
- Kyyhylly - (4:19) - 642 plays
- Kivitetty saatana - (4:48) - 634 plays
- Liskopallo - (4:50) - 739 plays
- Mamelukki & Musta Leski - (2:45) - 624 plays
- Tujuhuju - (5:32) - 646 plays
- Henkipatto - (5:05) - 630 plays
- Hajakas - (4:30) - 622 plays