257 Shouts - 828,153 Scrobbles
The Finnish band Alamaailman Vasarat, which translates to "the Hammers of the Underworld" in English, create music influenced by Klezmer and other forms of European folk music and play it with the ferocity of a punk or metal act. Abandoning major keys for the most part and guitars all together, the group performs on such instruments as a pump organ, saxophone, and distorted cello. Although the basic rhythms the band uses are conventional polka and bossa nova, by speeding them up and adding primal drumming, their intense music has been known to even inspire stage diving.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Vasaraasialainen - (5:50) - 944 plays
- Mielisaurus - (3:30) - 869 plays
- Astiatehdas - (3:08) - 883 plays
- Liskopallo - (4:50) - 876 plays
- Tujuhuju - (5:32) - 823 plays
- Kivitetty saatana - (4:48) - 717 plays
- Mamelukki & Musta Leski - (2:45) - 706 plays
- Kyyhylly - (4:19) - 691 plays
- Hamarapuolella - (5:15) - 544 plays
- Hajakas - (4:30) - 645 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online