257 Shouts - 824,231 Scrobbles
The Finnish band Alamaailman Vasarat, which translates to "the Hammers of the Underworld" in English, create music influenced by Klezmer and other forms of European folk music and play it with the ferocity of a punk or metal act. Abandoning major keys for the most part and guitars all together, the group performs on such instruments as a pump organ, saxophone, and distorted cello. Although the basic rhythms the band uses are conventional polka and bossa nova, by speeding them up and adding primal drumming, their intense music has been known to even inspire stage diving.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Vasaraasialainen - (5:50) - 995 plays
- Astiatehdas - (3:08) - 907 plays
- Mielisaurus - (3:30) - 865 plays
- Liskopallo - (4:50) - 882 plays
- Tujuhuju - (5:32) - 834 plays
- Kyyhylly - (4:19) - 762 plays
- Kivitetty saatana - (4:48) - 734 plays
- Mamelukki & Musta Leski - (2:45) - 703 plays
- Pelko antaa siivet - (3:59) - 556 plays
- Hamarapuolella - (5:15) - 538 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online