254 Shouts - 763,879 Scrobbles
The Finnish band Alamaailman Vasarat, which translates to "the Hammers of the Underworld" in English, create music influenced by Klezmer and other forms of European folk music and play it with the ferocity of a punk or metal act. Abandoning major keys for the most part and guitars all together, the group performs on such instruments as a pump organ, saxophone, and distorted cello. Although the basic rhythms the band uses are conventional polka and bossa nova, by speeding them up and adding primal drumming, their intense music has been known to even inspire stage diving.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Vasaraasialainen - (5:50) - 919 plays
- Astiatehdas - (3:08) - 934 plays
- Kivitetty saatana - (4:48) - 912 plays
- Kyyhylly - (4:19) - 740 plays
- Mielisaurus - (3:30) - 745 plays
- Mamelukki & Musta Leski - (2:45) - 836 plays
- Liskopallo - (4:50) - 735 plays
- Tujuhuju - (5:32) - 706 plays
- Helmi otsalla - (0:45) - 618 plays
- Hamarapuolella - (5:15) - 669 plays