257 Shouts - 818,068 Scrobbles
The Finnish band Alamaailman Vasarat, which translates to "the Hammers of the Underworld" in English, create music influenced by Klezmer and other forms of European folk music and play it with the ferocity of a punk or metal act. Abandoning major keys for the most part and guitars all together, the group performs on such instruments as a pump organ, saxophone, and distorted cello. Although the basic rhythms the band uses are conventional polka and bossa nova, by speeding them up and adding primal drumming, their intense music has been known to even inspire stage diving.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Vasaraasialainen - (5:50) - 970 plays
- Astiatehdas - (3:08) - 924 plays
- Mielisaurus - (3:30) - 872 plays
- Liskopallo - (4:50) - 893 plays
- Tujuhuju - (5:32) - 830 plays
- Kyyhylly - (4:19) - 790 plays
- Mamelukki & Musta Leski - (2:45) - 706 plays
- Kivitetty saatana - (4:48) - 726 plays
- Pelko antaa siivet - (3:59) - 555 plays
- Hamarapuolella - (5:15) - 531 plays