83 Shouts - 2,658,061 Scrobbles
Alabama is a country music band from Fort Payne, Alabama that was started in 1969 but did not get a recording contract until 1977. Alabama began by singing for tips around Myrtle Beach before going on to sell millions of records. They were among the first successful country groups since the mid-1970s, thanks to their blend of contemporary and traditional country and southern rock. On July 4-93 they opened a $7-million, 2,200-seat theater, located in Barefoot Landing-Myrtle Beach South Carolina.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
Song, song of the south
Sweet potato pie and I shut my mouth
Gone, gone with the wind
There ain't nobody looking back again
- LyricsYou see that mountain over there,
Yea, one of these days
I'm going to climb that mountain.
Oh play me some mountain music.
Like Grandma and Grandpa used to play.
- LyricsBy now in New York City, there's snow on the ground
And out in California, the sunshine's falling down
And, maybe down in Memphis, Graceland's all in lights
And in Atlanta, Georgia, there's peace on earth tonight
Christmas in Dixie, it's snowin' in the pines
- LyricsI'm in a hurry to get things done
Oh I rush and rush until life's no fun
All I really gotta do is live and die
But I'm in a hurry and don't know why.
Don't know why
- LyricsThe factories are all shut down and the shopping malls are all closed
And the busy streets are all empty except for the falling snow
And in the small towns, in the cities families gather as one
'Cause the night of love and sharing they look forward to has come
'Cause tonight is Christmas, tonight is love
- If You're Gonna Play in Texas (You Gotta Have a Fiddle in the Band) - (3:22) - 3,836 plays
- Dixieland Delight - (5:16) - 2,584 plays
- Born Country - (3:17) - 2,386 plays
- Love in the First Degree - (3:19) - 2,197 plays
- Roll On (Eighteen Wheeler) - (4:17) - 1,553 plays