0 Shouts - 2,563,684 Scrobbles
Alabama is a country music band from Fort Payne, Alabama that was started in 1969 but did not get a recording contract until 1977. Alabama began by singing for tips around Myrtle Beach before going on to sell millions of records. They were among the first successful country groups since the mid-1970s, thanks to their blend of contemporary and traditional country and southern rock. On July 4-93 they opened a $7-million, 2,200-seat theater, located in Barefoot Landing-Myrtle Beach South Carolina.Read More...
The members of Alabama are:
- Randy Owen (vocals and rhythm guitar)
- Teddy Gentry, (vocals and bass guitar)
- Jeff Cook (lead guitar, keyboards, bass guitar, fiddle, banjo, and mandolin)
- Mark Herndon (drums and percussion)
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
Song, song of the south
Sweet potato pie and I shut my mouth
Gone, gone with the wind
There ain't nobody looking back again
- LyricsYou see that mountain over there,
Yea, one of these days
I'm going to climb that mountain.
Oh play me some mountain music.
Like Grandma and Grandpa used to play.
- LyricsI'm in a hurry to get things done
Oh I rush and rush until life's no fun
All I really gotta do is live and die
But I'm in a hurry and don't know why.
Don't know why
- LyricsIf you're gonna play in Texas
You gotta have a fiddle in the band
That lead guitar is hot
But not for a Louisiana man
So rosen up that bow for faded love
- LyricsClear creeks and cool mountain mornings
Honest work out in the fields
Cornbread in my momma's kitchen
Daddy saying grace before the meal
Family ties run deep in this land
- Dixieland Delight - 127,825 plays
- Feels so Right - 76,803 plays
- Love in the First Degree - 73,074 plays
- The Closer You Get - 58,434 plays
- Roll On (Eighteen Wheeler) - 55,711 plays