0 Shouts - 2,948,251 Scrobbles
Alabama is a country music band from Fort Payne, Alabama that was started in 1969 but did not get a recording contract until 1977. Alabama began by singing for tips around Myrtle Beach before going on to sell millions of records. They were among the first successful country groups since the mid-1970s, thanks to their blend of contemporary and traditional country and southern rock. On July 4-93 they opened a $7-million, 2,200-seat theater, located in Barefoot Landing-Myrtle Beach South Carolina.Read More...
The members of Alabama are:
- Randy Owen (vocals and rhythm guitar)
- Teddy Gentry, (vocals and bass guitar)
- Jeff Cook (lead guitar, keyboards, bass guitar, fiddle, banjo, and mandolin)
- Mark Herndon (drums and percussion)
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsSong, song of the south
Sweet potato pie and I shut my mouth
Gone, gone with the wind
There ain't nobody looking back again
Cotton on the roadside, cotton in the ditch
- LyricsYou see that mountain over there,
Yea, one of these days
I'm going to climb that mountain.
Oh play me some mountain music.
Like Grandma and Grandpa used to play.
- LyricsI'm in a hurry to get things done
Oh I rush and rush until life's no fun
All I really gotta do is live and die
But I'm in a hurry and don't know why.
Don't know why
- LyricsIf you're gonna play in Texas,
You gotta have a fiddle in the band
That lead guitar is hot,
But not for "Louisiana man"
So rosin up that bow for "faded love"
- LyricsClear creeks
And cool mountain mornings
Honest work out in the field
In my mama's kitchen
- Dixieland Delight - 136,359 plays
- Feels so Right - 81,816 plays
- Love in the First Degree - 78,876 plays
- Roll On (Eighteen Wheeler) - 60,213 plays
- The Closer You Get - 63,285 plays