76 Shouts - 2,447,360 Scrobbles
Alabama is a country music band from Fort Payne, Alabama that was started in 1969 but did not get a recording contract until 1977. Alabama began by singing for tips around Myrtle Beach before going on to sell millions of records. They were among the first successful country groups since the mid-1970s, thanks to their blend of contemporary and traditional country and southern rock. On July 4-93 they opened a $7-million, 2,200-seat theater, located in Barefoot Landing-Myrtle Beach South Carolina.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsSong, song of the south
Sweet potato pie and I shut my mouth
Gone, gone by the wind
There ain't nobody looking back again
Cotton on the roadside, cotton in the ditch
- Mountain Music - (4:12) - 7,874 plays
- LyricsI'm in a hurry to get things done
Ohh I rush and rush until life's no fun
All I really gotta do is live and die
Even I'm in a hurry and don't know why?
Don't know why? I have to drive so fast
- Christmas in Dixie - (3:33) - 5,354 plays
- If You're Gonna Play in Texas (You Gotta Have a Fiddle in the Band) - (3:32) - 6,383 plays
- Born Country - (3:17) - 4,407 plays
- Dixieland Delight - (5:16) - 4,313 plays
- Love in the First Degree - (3:19) - 2,867 plays
- Tennessee River - (3:03) - 3,008 plays
- Roll On (Eighteen Wheeler) - (4:17) - 2,329 plays