The Qur’an; Arabic: القرآن al-qur’ān, literally “the recitation”) is the central religious text of Islam, also sometimes transliterated as Quran, Qur’ān, Koran, Alcoran or Al-Qur’ān. Muslims believe the Qur’an to be the book of divine guidance and direction for mankind, and consider the original Arabic text to be the final revelation of God. Islam holds that the Qur’an was revealed to Muhammad by the angel Jibrīl (Gabriel) over a period of approximately twenty-three years, beginning in 610 CE, when he was forty, and concluding in 632 CE, the year of his death.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Surah Yasin - (13:44) - 18 plays
- 080 - 'Abasa - (2:57) - 1 plays
- 084 - Al Insyiqaaq - (1:57) - 1 plays
- 099 - Az Zalzalah - (0:40) - 1 plays
- 087 - Al A'laa - (1:17) - 1 plays
- 078 - An-Naba' - (3:45) - 1 plays
- An Nisaa' (176 Ayat) - (73:10) - 3 plays
- 081 - At-Takwir - 2 plays
- 093 - Adh Dhuhaa - (0:42) - 1 plays
- Ali 'imran (200 Ayat) - (65:59) - 2 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online