2 Shouts - 6,888 Scrobbles
Born in Kure-city, Hiroshima in 1945. Studied marine biology at Hiroshima university. Formed a group Saibo-bunretsu (Cell fission) in Tokyo in 1969, and was also performing with various free-jazz musicians. Joined Yamashita Yosuke Trio from 1972 till 1979. In 1980 he formed his trio and its three month tour in Japan elicited a great public response. Its performance during this period was released as a live album POCHI.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Seijaku No Ichimai / A Piece of Silence - (1:40) - 106 plays
- Kaigarabushi (Dj Krush Remix) - (14:30) - 85 plays
- Kousa No Odori / Yellow Sand Blowing from China - (3:48) - 81 plays
- Kaigarabushi (Original) - (14:43) - 59 plays
- Yamadera Ni Kikoyuru Koe / Voice from a Temple in the Deep Mountain - (5:59) - 74 plays
- Suiren No Saku Huruike / Lotus Blossom in an Old Pond - (5:01) - 71 plays
- Moe I / Bud I - (3:46) - 66 plays
- Hachi to Ohisama / The Bee and the Sunshine - (1:39) - 61 plays
- Sukiyazukuri No Tatazumai / The Peacful Atmosphere of a Wood Sukiya-Style Temple - (5:02) - 60 plays
- Tanbo Ni Mizu Ga Hairu / Water Coming into Rice Field in the Spring - (2:55) - 62 plays