Ahmet Adnan Saygun
3 Shouts - 5,591 Scrobbles
Ahmet Adnan Saygun (born in 1907 in Izmir - died in 1991, January 6) was a Turkish composer who is best known with Yunus Emre Oratorio. He studied composition with Vincent d’Indy in Schola Cantorum in Paris. Divertimento is accepted as his first work. His best known work is Yunus Emre Oratorio, lyrics of which was selected by Saygun among the poems of Y.Emre. The oratorio was first performed in 1946. Also, it was performed in German and this performance was recorded.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Suite for Violin and Piano, Op. 33, "Demet": II. Horon - (3:27) - 11 plays
- Suite for Violin and Piano, Op. 33, "Demet": IV. Sepetcioglu - (4:33) - 10 plays
- III. A Tale - (3:26) - 10 plays
- Suite for Violin and Piano, Op. 33, "Demet": I. Prelude - (3:06) - 18 plays
- VI. Lullaby - (1:14) - 12 plays
- Piano Concerto No. 1, Op. 34: II. Andante con moto - Sostenuto - Tempo primo - (7:35) - 4 plays
- Inci'nin Kitabi (Inci's Book), Op. 10: IV. The Giant Puppet - (0:59) - 6 plays
- Piano Concerto No. 1, Op. 34: III. Allegro assai - (4:36) - 4 plays
- Suite for Violin and Piano, Op. 33, "Demet": III. Agir Zeybek - (3:12) - 6 plays
- Piano Concerto No. 1, Op. 34: I. Deciso - Moderato - Vivo - Animato - Meno mosso - Cadenza: Rubato - Deciso - Moderato - Vivo - Molto vivo - (14:35) - 4 plays