Ahmed Adnan Saygun
2 Shouts - 9,000 Scrobbles
Ahmed Adnan Saygun (7 September 1907 - 6 January 1991) was a Turkish composer, musicologist and writer on music. Ahmed Adnan Saygun is acknowledged as one of the most important 20th century composers in Turkish music history. He was a master of the neoclassical form, and his works are rooted in Western musical practice; yet they incorporate traditional Turkish folk songs and culture. He usually adds this folk element by picking one note out of the scale and weaves a melody around it using a Turkish mode.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Symphony No. 4, Op. 53 (1976) I. Deciso - (10:53) - 2 plays
- Piano Concerto No. 2, Op. 71: II. Lento - Poco più mosso - Poco meno - Lento - (6:40) - 2 plays
- Piano Concerto No. 1, Op. 34: I. Deciso - Moderato - Vivo - Animato - Meno mosso - Cadenza: Rubato - Deciso - Moderato - Vivo - Molto vivo - (14:38) - 2 plays
- Symphony No. 4, Op. 53 (1976) III. Con anima e molto deciso - (5:12) - 3 plays
- Piano Concerto No. 1, Op. 34: III. Allegro assai - (3:20) - 2 plays
- Piano Concerto No. 1, Op. 34: II. Andante con moto - Sostenuto - Tempo primo - (3:20) - 2 plays
- Piano Concerto No. 2, Op. 71: I. Moderato - Presto - Allegro - Grave - Pesante - Largo - Poco vivo - Allegro - (10:39) - 2 plays
- Piano Concerto No. 2, Op. 71: III. Animato - Moderato - Animato - (8:16) - 2 plays
- Aksak Tartılar Üzerine 12 Prelüd (12 Preludes On Aksak Rhythms), Op. 45 (1967) For Piano: 10 - (2:22) - 1 plays
- Etude on Aksak Rhythms Op. 38, No. 10 - (3:19) - 2 plays