Ahmed Adnan Saygun
2 Shouts - 8,582 Scrobbles
Ahmed Adnan Saygun (7 September 1907 - 6 January 1991) was a Turkish composer, musicologist and writer on music. Ahmed Adnan Saygun is acknowledged as one of the most important 20th century composers in Turkish music history. He was a master of the neoclassical form, and his works are rooted in Western musical practice; yet they incorporate traditional Turkish folk songs and culture. He usually adds this folk element by picking one note out of the scale and weaves a melody around it using a Turkish mode.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Piano Concerto No. 2, Op. 71 (1985): I. Moderato - Presto - Allegro - Grave - Pesante - Largo - Poco vivo - Allegro - (10:39) - 2 plays
- Piano Concerto No. 2, Op. 71 (1985): III. Animato - Moderato - Animato - (8:16) - 2 plays
- Piano Concerto No. 2, Op. 71 (1985): II. Lento - Poco più mosso - Poco meno - Lento - (6:40) - 2 plays
- Aksak Tartılar Üzerine 12 Prelüd (12 Preludes On Aksak Rhythms), Op. 45 (1967) For Piano: 1 - (1:44) - 1 plays
- İnci'nin Kitabı (Inci's Book), Op. 10 (1934) For Piano: 2. Afacan 'Kedi' (Playful Kitten): Giocoso - (0:36) - 1 plays
- Symphony No. 1, Op. 29 - III - Allegretto - (3:14) - 1 plays
- String Quartet No.3, Op.43 - I. Grave - (15:29) - 2 plays
- Sinfonie No.3 op. 39 - Scherzo Vivo - (10:02) - 1 plays
- Violin Concerto, Op. 44 - III - Allegro - (6:20) - 1 plays
- Kevenk Yolu - (1:21) - 1 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online