Ahmed Adnan Saygun
2 Shouts - 8,401 Scrobbles
Ahmed Adnan Saygun (7 September 1907 - 6 January 1991) was a Turkish composer, musicologist and writer on music. Ahmed Adnan Saygun is acknowledged as one of the most important 20th century composers in Turkish music history. He was a master of the neoclassical form, and his works are rooted in Western musical practice; yet they incorporate traditional Turkish folk songs and culture. He usually adds this folk element by picking one note out of the scale and weaves a melody around it using a Turkish mode.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Ahmed Adnan Saygun, String Quartet No. 1 Op. 27: Saygun_String Quartet no.1 op.27 III. Allegretto - (3:26) - 2 plays
- Piano Concerto No. 2, Op. 71 (1985): II. Lento - Poco più mosso - Poco meno - Lento - (6:40) - 2 plays
- Ahmed Adnan Saygun, String Quartet No. 1 Op. 27: Saygun_String Quartet no.1 op.27 II. Adagio - (9:42) - 2 plays
- Piano Concerto No. 2, Op. 71 (1985): I. Moderato - Presto - Allegro - Grave - Pesante - Largo - Poco vivo - Allegro - (10:39) - 2 plays
- Piano Concerto No. 1, Op. 34 (1951-1957): I. Deciso - Moderato - Vivo - Animato - Meno mosso - Cadenza. Rubato - Deciso - Moderato - Vivo - Molto vivo - (14:38) - 2 plays
- Piano Concerto No. 2, Op. 71 (1985): III. Animato - Moderato - Animato - (8:16) - 2 plays
- String Quartet No.3, Op.43 - III. Agitato - (6:58) - 2 plays
- Symphony №1 - IV. Allegro assai - 1 plays
- Yunus Emre Oratoryosu T7 - (6:12) - 1 plays
- Selected Etudes on Aksak Rhythms: Op. 38, No. 4 - (4:25) - 1 plays