0 Shouts - 4,321 Scrobbles
Originally created in 2009 when a 17 year old boy worked out he could use a rock band 2 microphone to record sounds on audacity "Agnostic Asylum" originated as a 1 man band. His name being Oliver.
Oliver was musically raised in a performing arts school where during compositions at the age of 15 he was forbidden from using "semi quavers" as he would deliberately make quick and pointless melodies. He was going to move on to semi-demi quavers but merely decided that would be pushing the cake too far.
Still studying music at A-Level he now respects many classical influences (in particular expressionism) but still notices how many people are unaware of the huge variations and quantities of music there truly are; especially when at the the age of 17 you are allowed to be musically shallow without anything more than a jolly slap on the wrist.
The influences of Agnostic Asylum are varied. Although it is mainly based in the roots of avant-garde and noise music Oliver has lived through waves upon waves of mainstream influences such as prog, mathcore and even emo pop. Leading to much ambivalence when writing music as most of the time writing music within melodic genres requires the talent which he clearly lacks.
The first album is entirely free and downloadable. For one Oliver does not feel that people would pay for such crap and secondly it costs him next to nothing to make. Besides his precious time.
Agnostic Asylum very rarely plays any album music live. In most cases he will play whatever he wants depending on how happy the audience is to see him.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Part 4 Windy Muscles are there to itch on my folds - 480 plays
- Part 2 This is what happens when you don't win the Lottery - 344 plays
- You look on the ground and the puddle you once saw is now Amnesty international - 245 plays
- Part 5 Between my legs I found the remenants of an onamatopoeic blue whale - 365 plays
- Part 7 Hey there Roy what's in the fruit bowl today? - 198 plays
- Part 11 Harmonising whispers proves Btec teachers wrong - 239 plays
- Part 1 (Hitting a microphone and breathing oddly) - 404 plays
- Chinese Whisper - 118 plays
- Part 8 If you skip this song there is a chance that child will probably die of swine flu - 181 plays
- Part 6 My Dirty Little Book of Pallium Pectus Pectoris - 161 plays