12,992 Shouts - 17,279,217 Scrobbles
For nineteen years the Pacific Northwest group Agalloch has defined what it means to combine influences from a variety of musical genres into one brooding, colossal, and cinematic sound that provides the soundtrack to existential themes concerning man, nature, loss, and death. The band formed in 1995 in Portland, Oregon, United States. After two demo releases in the late 90s the band released three full-length albums: “Pale Folklore” (1999), “The Mantle” (2002), and “Ashes Against the Grain” (2006).
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsThe firmament above the horizon of history
Heathen fires burn the ancestral night
Esoteric figures move across the
Arcane plateau with their
Symbols engraved in the sky
- (Serpens Caput) - (3:07) - 44,085 plays
- LyricsCast away in solitude between the divide of dimensions
Frozen in timeless aura, a catalyst of colors
I was born in the fibers of oblivion; the saturnine keeper of mystery
and malevolent patriarch of chaos
- Lyrics"Teach me your mood, o patient stars.
Who climb each night, the ancient sky.
Leaving on space no shade, no scars, no trace of age.
No fear to die."
"My allegiance is with the inner self
- LyricsThe texture of the soul is a liquid that casts a vermilion flood
From a wound carved as an oath; it fills the river bank a sanguine fog
These arms were meant to be lost! Hacked, severed and forgotten
The texture of time is a whisper that echoes across the flood
It's hymn resonates from tree to tree, through every sullen bough it sings
- Falling Snow - (9:36) - 40,443 plays
- In the Shadow of Our Pale Companion - (12:11) - 37,411 plays
- Birth and Death of the Pillars of Creation - (10:29) - 40,702 plays
- Vales Beyond Dimension - (6:49) - 36,483 plays
- Not Unlike the Waves - (9:14) - 32,749 plays