2 Shouts - 42,783 Scrobbles
Adolphe Charles Adam (July 24, 1803 – May 3, 1856) was a French composer and music critic. A prolific composer of operas and ballets, he is best known today for his ballets Giselle (1844) and Le Corsaire (1856, his last work), his operas Le postillon de Lonjumeau (1836), Le toréador (1849) and Si j'étais roi (1852, often regarded as his finest work), and his Christmas carol Minuit, chrétiens! (O Holy Night) (1847). Adam was also a noted teacher. Léo Delibes was among his pupils.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- O Holy Night - (4:55) - 458 plays
- O Holy Night (Minuit chrétien) - (4:17) - 268 plays
- O helga natt - (2:53) - 264 plays
- Oh holy night - (5:32) - 130 plays
- O Helga natt (Cantique de Noel, O Holy Night): Cantique de Noel - (5:06) - 102 plays
- Cantique de Noel - (5:06) - 130 plays
- Cantique de Noel (O Holy Night) (arr. J. Rutter) (Sung in English): O Holy Night (Cantique de Noel) - (4:39) - 74 plays
- Cantique de Noel (O Holy Night) (Sung in Swedish) (arr. A. Kock): O helga natt (O holy night) - (5:09) - 70 plays
- Giselle: Act I: Introduction - (2:33) - 68 plays
- Cantique de Noel (O Holy Night) (Sung in Swedish): O Helga natt (Cantique de Noel, O Holy Night) - (4:18) - 74 plays