111 Shouts - 2,771,410 Scrobbles
Adiemus consists of the Welsh composer Karl Jenkins and his Finnish "Adiemus Singers". The session singer Miriam Stockley performed the vocal parts on the first four albums. Additional vocals were provided by Mary Carewe on all but Dances of Time, which saw the introduction of the Finnish Adiemus Singers (who would later reappear on Vocalise). Extra vocals and the chorus effects were created by overdubbing multitracked recordings of the singers (in some cases up to forty times) and varying the speed of the tape.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Adiemus - (3:57) - 26,261 plays
- Cantus Inaequalis - (3:12) - 2,474 plays
- Hymn - (2:39) - 2,136 plays
- Kayama - (7:53) - 2,107 plays
- Tintinnabulum - (10:57) - 1,754 plays
- In Caelum Fero - (7:43) - 1,705 plays
- Cantus Iteratus - (6:36) - 1,640 plays
- Cantus Insolitus - (5:33) - 1,442 plays
- Adiemus - 1999 New Version - (3:56) - 1,595 plays
- Elegia - (4:05) - 1,417 plays