110 Shouts - 2,658,180 Scrobbles
Adiemus consists of the Welsh composer Karl Jenkins and his Finnish "Adiemus Singers". The session singer Miriam Stockley performed the vocal parts on the first four albums. Additional vocals were provided by Mary Carewe on all but Dances of Time, which saw the introduction of the Finnish Adiemus Singers (who would later reappear on Vocalise). Extra vocals and the chorus effects were created by overdubbing multitracked recordings of the singers (in some cases up to forty times) and varying the speed of the tape.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Adiemus - (3:57) - 26,642 plays
- Kayama - (7:53) - 2,439 plays
- Hymn - (2:39) - 2,262 plays
- Tintinnabulum - (10:57) - 2,159 plays
- Cantus Inaequalis - (3:12) - 2,150 plays
- Cantus Iteratus - (6:36) - 1,978 plays
- In Caelum Fero - (7:43) - 1,957 plays
- Cantus Insolitus - (5:33) - 1,697 plays
- Adiemus - 1999 New Version - (3:56) - 1,578 plays
- Amaté Adea - (5:21) - 848 plays