22 Shouts - 103,464 Scrobbles
Talk about starting with a bang. Adaline achieves near Judy Garland levels of melodrama on “That’s What You Do Best”, the stately electro-torch song that opens her new album, Modern Romantics. But she doesn’t get there without boxing your ears with wiggy sax (from Shuffle Demon Richard Underhill) and unhinged guitar solos (by Hawksley Workman) on the way, the latter sounding like it was recorded in a reinforced missile silo. There’s a lot of tastefully rendered sonic action on the way to that quivering, love-burnt climax.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Say Goodbye (I Won't Even) - (4:00) - 2,537 plays
- Keep Me High - (4:01) - 2,341 plays
- Sparks - (3:42) - 241 plays
- That's What You Do Best - (3:52) - 332 plays
- Cost Is Too High (Not To Love) - (3:36) - 267 plays
- Lovers Collide - (3:49) - 248 plays
- The Noise - (3:29) - 294 plays
- Stereo - (3:25) - 272 plays
- Wasted Time - (3:59) - 164 plays
- Heartache - (4:49) - 325 plays