22 Shouts - 0 Scrobbles
Talk about starting with a bang. Adaline achieves near Judy Garland levels of melodrama on “That’s What You Do Best”, the stately electro-torch song that opens her new album, Modern Romantics. But she doesn’t get there without boxing your ears with wiggy sax (from Shuffle Demon Richard Underhill) and unhinged guitar solos (by Hawksley Workman) on the way, the latter sounding like it was recorded in a reinforced missile silo. There’s a lot of tastefully rendered sonic action on the way to that quivering, love-burnt climax.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Say Goodbye (I Won't Even) - (4:00) - 3,453 plays
- Keep Me High - (4:01) - 2,165 plays
- Sparks - (3:42) - 260 plays
- That's What You Do Best - (3:52) - 366 plays
- Cost Is Too High (Not To Love) - (3:36) - 280 plays
- The Noise - (3:29) - 217 plays
- Lovers Collide - (3:49) - 243 plays
- Stereo - (3:25) - 276 plays
- Heartache - (4:49) - 398 plays
- Rebels Of Love - (3:38) - 181 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online