22 Shouts - 97,026 Scrobbles
Talk about starting with a bang. Adaline achieves near Judy Garland levels of melodrama on “That’s What You Do Best”, the stately electro-torch song that opens her new album, Modern Romantics. But she doesn’t get there without boxing your ears with wiggy sax (from Shuffle Demon Richard Underhill) and unhinged guitar solos (by Hawksley Workman) on the way, the latter sounding like it was recorded in a reinforced missile silo. There’s a lot of tastefully rendered sonic action on the way to that quivering, love-burnt climax.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Say Goodbye (I Won't Even) - (4:00) - 3,860 plays
- Keep Me High - (4:01) - 2,240 plays
- That's What You Do Best - (3:52) - 360 plays
- Sparks - (3:42) - 256 plays
- Cost Is Too High (Not To Love) - (3:36) - 331 plays
- The Noise - (3:29) - 224 plays
- Lovers Collide - (3:49) - 243 plays
- Stereo - (3:25) - 314 plays
- Heartache - (4:49) - 435 plays
- Rebels Of Love - (3:38) - 191 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online