83 Shouts - 317,375 Scrobbles
(1921-1993) Abner Jay’s extensive bread-crumb trail of albums, disseminated via his own Brandie Records imprint, represents one of the most individual takes on traditional song form to have risen from the 20th century. Jay spent several decades (the 1930s through the 1950s) working in touring minstrel shows, resurrecting the spirit of his late grandfather through songs passed down through generations.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- I'm So Depressed - (2:54) - 1,893 plays
- Woke Up This Morning - (3:33) - 1,144 plays
- I’m So Depressed - (3:56) - 1,225 plays
- Cocaine - (6:24) - 933 plays
- Vietnam - (2:32) - 885 plays
- Cocaine Blues - 600 plays
- the reason young people use drugs - (2:57) - 579 plays
- I Wanna Job - (3:14) - 360 plays
- Bring It When You Come - 434 plays
- St. James Infirmiry Blues - (6:12) - 526 plays