81 Shouts - 305,213 Scrobbles
(1921-1993) Abner Jay’s extensive bread-crumb trail of albums, disseminated via his own Brandie Records imprint, represents one of the most individual takes on traditional song form to have risen from the 20th century. Jay spent several decades (the 1930s through the 1950s) working in touring minstrel shows, resurrecting the spirit of his late grandfather through songs passed down through generations.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- I'm So Depressed - (2:54) - 2,261 plays
- Woke Up This Morning - (3:33) - 1,285 plays
- Cocaine - (6:24) - 1,218 plays
- Vietnam - (2:32) - 990 plays
- I’m So Depressed - (3:56) - 1,090 plays
- Cocaine Blues - 715 plays
- the reason young people use drugs - (2:57) - 671 plays
- I Wanna Job - (3:14) - 468 plays
- St. James Infirmiry Blues - (6:12) - 669 plays
- My Mule - (2:06) - 528 plays