79 Shouts - 292,816 Scrobbles
(1921-1993) Abner Jay’s extensive bread-crumb trail of albums, disseminated via his own Brandie Records imprint, represents one of the most individual takes on traditional song form to have risen from the 20th century. Jay spent several decades (the 1930s through the 1950s) working in touring minstrel shows, resurrecting the spirit of his late grandfather through songs passed down through generations.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- I'm So Depressed - (2:54) - 2,645 plays
- Woke Up This Morning - (3:33) - 1,450 plays
- Cocaine - (6:24) - 1,235 plays
- Vietnam - (2:32) - 1,147 plays
- Cocaine Blues - 863 plays
- I’m So Depressed - (3:56) - 971 plays
- the reason young people use drugs - (2:57) - 809 plays
- I Wanna Job - (3:14) - 570 plays
- St. James Infirmiry Blues - (6:12) - 745 plays
- Bring It When You Come - 479 plays