23 Shouts - 470,023 Scrobbles
Abigail Washburn never set out to be a songwriter or a recording artist. Five years ago when she found herself on stage in a smoke-filled Beijing club playing her banjo and singing old-time Appalachian mountain music in Chinese to a packed house, she was as surprised as anyone. “A daring, definite talent, whose feel for the folk idiom results in moving material. Soulful is the word,” hailed the Wall Street Journal in 2005, during that same tour of China. “On stage, her voice resonated with the power of a seasoned performer and her poetic hill tunes sounded all the more evocative in Chinese.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- City Of Refuge - (3:41) - 1,912 plays
- Bring Me My Queen - (4:13) - 1,302 plays
- Chains - (3:52) - 848 plays
- Prelude - (0:52) - 704 plays
- Last Train - (3:54) - 702 plays
- Burn Thru - (4:27) - 607 plays
- Ballad Of Treason - (3:07) - 644 plays
- Bright Morning Stars - (4:40) - 608 plays
- Corner Girl - (3:25) - 526 plays
- Dreams Of Nectar - (5:52) - 595 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online