23 Shouts - 474,953 Scrobbles
Abigail Washburn never set out to be a songwriter or a recording artist. Five years ago when she found herself on stage in a smoke-filled Beijing club playing her banjo and singing old-time Appalachian mountain music in Chinese to a packed house, she was as surprised as anyone. “A daring, definite talent, whose feel for the folk idiom results in moving material. Soulful is the word,” hailed the Wall Street Journal in 2005, during that same tour of China. “On stage, her voice resonated with the power of a seasoned performer and her poetic hill tunes sounded all the more evocative in Chinese.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- City Of Refuge - (3:41) - 1,817 plays
- Bring Me My Queen - (4:13) - 1,210 plays
- Chains - (3:52) - 774 plays
- Prelude - (0:52) - 661 plays
- Last Train - (3:54) - 646 plays
- Burn Thru - (4:27) - 568 plays
- Ballad Of Treason - (3:07) - 602 plays
- Bright Morning Stars - (4:40) - 580 plays
- Corner Girl - (3:25) - 494 plays
- Dreams Of Nectar - (5:52) - 544 plays