23 Shouts - 425,451 Scrobbles
Abigail Washburn never set out to be a songwriter or a recording artist. Five years ago when she found herself on stage in a smoke-filled Beijing club playing her banjo and singing old-time Appalachian mountain music in Chinese to a packed house, she was as surprised as anyone. “A daring, definite talent, whose feel for the folk idiom results in moving material. Soulful is the word,” hailed the Wall Street Journal in 2005, during that same tour of China. “On stage, her voice resonated with the power of a seasoned performer and her poetic hill tunes sounded all the more evocative in Chinese.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- City Of Refuge - (3:41) - 3,016 plays
- Bring Me My Queen - (4:13) - 1,837 plays
- Chains - (3:52) - 1,543 plays
- Prelude - (0:52) - 1,225 plays
- Last Train - (3:54) - 1,168 plays
- Burn Thru - (4:27) - 1,171 plays
- Ballad Of Treason - (3:07) - 1,113 plays
- Corner Girl - (3:25) - 1,039 plays
- Bright Morning Stars - (4:40) - 966 plays
- Dreams Of Nectar - (5:52) - 961 plays
- The Hot 100: The 10 Biggest Songs On The Billboard Charts
- Rebecca Black Enters Billboard’s Hot 100 Chart With “Saturday”
- Nirvana To Be Inducted Into The Rock N’ Roll Hall Of Fame
- Eminem ft. Rihanna’s “The Monster”: A Sequel To “Love The Way You Lie”?
- Garth Brooks Rules The Billboard 200 Chart With New Release