23 Shouts - 436,758 Scrobbles
Abigail Washburn never set out to be a songwriter or a recording artist. Five years ago when she found herself on stage in a smoke-filled Beijing club playing her banjo and singing old-time Appalachian mountain music in Chinese to a packed house, she was as surprised as anyone. “A daring, definite talent, whose feel for the folk idiom results in moving material. Soulful is the word,” hailed the Wall Street Journal in 2005, during that same tour of China. “On stage, her voice resonated with the power of a seasoned performer and her poetic hill tunes sounded all the more evocative in Chinese.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- City Of Refuge - (3:41) - 3,142 plays
- Bring Me My Queen - (4:13) - 1,953 plays
- Chains - (3:52) - 1,591 plays
- Prelude - (0:52) - 1,413 plays
- Last Train - (3:54) - 1,244 plays
- Burn Thru - (4:27) - 1,149 plays
- Ballad Of Treason - (3:07) - 1,137 plays
- Bright Morning Stars - (4:40) - 1,035 plays
- Corner Girl - (3:25) - 1,036 plays
- Coffee's Cold - (2:55) - 853 plays