41 Shouts - 861,900 Scrobbles
Abbey Lincoln (born Anna Marie Wooldridge on August 6, 1930, Chicago, Illinois – died August 14, 2010, Manhattan, New York), was a jazz vocalist, songwriter, and actress. Her first album, Abbey Lincoln's Affair, A Story of a Girl in Love was released in 1956. Also that year Lincoln starred in the film The Girl Can't Help It, for which she famously wore a dress worn by Marilyn Monroe. Lincoln sang on the 1960s landmark jazz civil rights recording, We Insist! - Freedom Now Suite in 1960 by jazz musician and Lincolns husband from 1962-1970, Max Roach.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Do Nothin' 'Til You Hear From Me - (2:16) - 1,763 plays
- LyricsI think about the life I live
A figure made of clay
And think about the things I lost
The things I gave away.
And when I'm in a certain mood
- LyricsGoing' alone, life is your own, but the cost sometimes is dear.
being complete, knowing defeat, keeping on from year to year.
it takes some doing, monkery's the blues you hear, keeping on from year to year.
Life is a school, less' your a fool, but the learning brings you pain.
knowing at once, you're just a dunce, trail and error loss and gain.
- Lonely House - (3:38) - 471 plays
- LyricsDream of a land my soul is from
I hear a hand stroke on a drum
Shades of delight, cocoa hue
Rich as the night afro blue
Elegant boy, beautifil girl
- Let Up - (5:27) - 506 plays
- Softly, as in a Morning Sunrise - (2:43) - 403 plays
- Christmas Cheer - (4:53) - 486 plays
- Bird Alone - (4:54) - 409 plays
- When Malindy Sings - (4:04) - 386 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online