38 Shouts - 775,863 Scrobbles
Abbey Lincoln (born Anna Marie Wooldridge on August 6, 1930, Chicago, Illinois – died August 14, 2010, Manhattan, New York), was a jazz vocalist, songwriter, and actress. Her first album, Abbey Lincoln's Affair, A Story of a Girl in Love was released in 1956. Also that year Lincoln starred in the film The Girl Can't Help It, for which she famously wore a dress worn by Marilyn Monroe. Lincoln sang on the 1960s landmark jazz civil rights recording, We Insist! - Freedom Now Suite in 1960 by jazz musician and Lincolns husband from 1962-1970, Max Roach.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsGoing' alone, life is your own, but the cost sometimes is dear.
being complete, knowing defeat, keeping on from year to year.
it takes some doing, monkery's the blues you hear, keeping on from year to year.
Life is a school, less' your a fool, but the learning brings you pain.
knowing at once, you're just a dunce, trail and error loss and gain.
- LyricsI think about the life I live
A figure made of clay
And think about the things I lost
The things I gave away
And when I'm in a certain mood
- Christmas Cheer - (4:53) - 966 plays
- LyricsHey, look what you have done
Showing me the sun
And now it's shining through
It's nice to be with you
Hey, I like the things you say
- Straight Ahead - (5:23) - 773 plays
- I Am In Love - (2:45) - 997 plays
- Bird Alone - (4:54) - 858 plays
- Left Alone - (6:46) - 733 plays
- The Music Is The Magic - (3:51) - 936 plays
- When Malindy Sings - (4:04) - 700 plays