Aaron Jay Kernis
0 Shouts - 12,797 Scrobbles
Aaron Jay Kernis (born January 15, 1960) is one of the most highly-honored contemporary composers. He was born in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, and studied at the Manhattan School of Music, the San Francisco Conservatory, and Yale University (under John Adams, Jacob Druckman, Morton Subotnick, and Charles Wuorinen).Read More...
Notable works include the New Era Dance, his second string quartet musica instrumentalis (which won the 1998 Pulitzer prize), Colored Field for English horn and orchestra (winner of the 2002 Grawemeyer Award in Music Composition), and Symphony in Waves.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Symphony In Waves - 1,837 plays
- Symphony in Waves: Still movement - 1,038 plays
- Symphony in Waves: Continuous wave - 717 plays
- Ecstatic Meditations: No. 2. How the Soul Speaks to God - 322 plays
- Symphony in Waves: Scherzo - 304 plays
- Salsa Pasada - 209 plays
- Symphony in Waves: Intermezzo - 187 plays
- Air - 150 plays
- Musica Celestis - 328 plays
- MOR* Easy Listening Slow Dance Ballad - 97 plays