76 Shouts - 87,082 Scrobbles
AMM is a British free improvisation group, founded in London, England in 1965. AMM have never been well-known to the general public, but have been, in their own way, hugely influential on several generations of adventurous musicians. AMM has been called "legendary" and "groundbreaking." They are notable as the perhaps the first musical group to deliberately try to make music not related to any established musical genre: as Michael Nyman wrote, "AMM seem to have worked without the benefit or hindrance of any kind of prepared external discipline.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Later During a Flaming Riviera Sunset - (6:49) - 388 plays
- Ailantus Glandulosa - (5:31) - 361 plays
- Manoeuvre - (7:28) - 397 plays
- After Rapidly Circling the Plaza - (1:03) - 350 plays
- Later During a Flaming Riviera Sunset (LP version) - (21:06) - 278 plays
- In the Realm of Nothing Whatever - (13:21) - 260 plays
- After Rapidly Circling the Plaza (LP version) - (23:19) - 198 plays
- What is There in Uselesness to Cause You Distress? - (3:01) - 199 plays
- Vandoevre - (7:28) - 102 plays
- Newfoundland - (76:47) - 88 plays