0 Shouts - 3,997,103 Scrobbles
A.C. Newman is the solo project of Canadian musician Carl Newman (born April 14, 1968 in Vancouver, British Columbia), the lead singer of The New Pornographers and erstwhile Zumpano frontman.Read More...
Newman began his musical career in the 1990s as a member of the Vancouver grunge/pop group Superconductor. After a brief stay, he joined the Vancouver-based pop group Zumpano. The band released two albums with Newman in the mid-1990s, Look What the Rookie Did and Goin' Through Changes, both of which received favorable reviews. Though Zumpano never officially announced their breakup, they have not recorded any new material since the 90s.
Newman is a founding member of the successful Vancouver-based pop supergroup The New Pornographers. The band has released five full length albums since 2000, all of which received favorable reviews. In 2007, Blender ranked the group's debut album, Mass Romantic, the 24th best indie album of all time. Newman is the band's main songwriter and vocalist, and is generally regarded as the band's leader.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- On The Table - 449,822 plays
- Miracle Drug - 376,898 plays
- Drink To Me, Babe, Then - 249,885 plays
- Most Of Us Prizefighters - 169,910 plays
- Secretarial - 150,526 plays
- Come Crash - 155,443 plays
- The Battle For Straight Time - 151,998 plays
- The Town Halo - 153,940 plays
- Better Than Most - 146,109 plays
- The Cloud Prayer - 140,735 plays