130 Shouts - 3,582,502 Scrobbles
A.C. Newman is the solo project of Canadian musician Carl Newman (born April 14, 1968 in Vancouver, British Columbia), the lead singer of The New Pornographers and erstwhile Zumpano frontman. Newman began his musical career in the 1990s as a member of the Vancouver grunge/pop group Superconductor. After a brief stay, he joined the Vancouver-based pop group Zumpano. The band released two albums with Newman in the mid-1990s, Look What the Rookie Did and Goin' Through Changes, both of which received favorable reviews.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsAre we judged here by the things we say, or is it just the noise we make?
Long before you were a patent pending
There was a time you were the artist-friendly one
When you really have to move, you'll be amazed at the way you learn to hide this stuff away
At the rider with the new headliner at the show
- LyricsOn the table, the deal that kept the courts at arms length,
Stealing our thoughts with the force of their non-sequiturs - amateurs.
On the table, the view behind the legs of dancers,
Windows of chance there, lost on the trail of dissent - innocent.
Do re mi, innocent.
- LyricsNo one wants to weigh things down, but they tend to fly away
And rescue teams will look for days
I like the way things are
I say abandon the search, for an author of small work
Until then, Until then
- Miracle Drug - (2:18) - 9,020 plays
- LyricsYou showed up dressing down,
Wearing absolutely nothing.
Both in life, the talk of town,
With your bookmark full of visa.
You did not come to raise the bar,
- You Could Get Lost Out Here - (4:04) - 9,544 plays
- Strings - (4:38) - 8,895 plays
- Hostages - (4:10) - 8,709 plays
- Wasted English - (3:23) - 7,027 plays
- The Troubadour - (3:50) - 6,822 plays