13 Shouts - 83,789 Scrobbles
Murahachibu (村八分, lit. "Shunning" or "Ostracism" ) was a Japanese glam rock band from Kyoto, Japan.
Formed in 1970 by Kazushi Shibata and Fujio Yamaguchi, the group split up in 1973 after releasing just one live album recorded during their performance at the Keio University Mita festival .
Their unique sound, aggressive lyrics and Shibata's provocative yet humorous MC earned the band a lifetime ban from NHK broadcasts (the origin of the band name) and the adoration of the underground music scene as well as being regarded as the precursors of Japanese Punk.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online