148 Shouts - 780,570 Scrobbles
Kahimi Karie (カヒミ・カリィ), born Mari Hiki (比企マリ) on March 15, 1968, in Utsunomiya, Tochigi Prefecture, Japan, is an experimental Japanese shibuya-kei vocalist and visual artist. She debuted with the independent EP, "Kahimi Karie and the Crue-L Grand Orchestra / Mike Alway's Diary" in 1992. Kahimi sings in English, French, and japanese (among other languages) with breathy child-like vocals. Her music can be considered ethereal, whispery pop; a number of songs have been written for her by Momus.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Good Morning World - (3:30) - 352 plays
- Lolitapop Dollhouse - (4:06) - 342 plays
- Elastic Girl - (5:46) - 310 plays
- ハミングがきこえる - 527 plays
- What Are You Wearing? - (5:34) - 239 plays
- Harmony Korine - (4:43) - 697 plays
- One Thousand 20th Century Chairs - (2:21) - 270 plays
- Clip Clap - (2:47) - 254 plays
- Le Roi Soleil - (5:22) - 351 plays
- The Symphonies of Beethoven - (4:45) - 331 plays