0 Shouts - 192,100 Scrobbles
Knesiyat Hasekhel (Church of Reason) is an Israeli rock band from Sderot, Israel.Read More...
Their name is a translation into Hebrew of Church of Reason, from Robert Pirsig's book Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance.
The band has existed since the early 1990s (1989), and has been one of Sderot's many musical messengers (along with Tipp-ex (טיפקס) and Sfatayim).
One of its best-publicized efforts was a collaboration with Zehava Ben (זהבה בן).
The band was founded in the early '90s in the western part of Israel's Negev Desert. Blending new wave influences (particularly Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds) and Mediterranean and Middle Eastern ethnic rock, the band soon realized they had outgrown the rural desert, and by 1992 the band had moved to Israel's cultural center Tel Aviv to establish themselves as a national touring act, and begin production on their first studio album "whispered words" (nanadisk).
Their second full length and self-titled album "Knesiyat Hasekhel" was released in 1999 to great critical acclaim, and commercial success. The band was named "best rock group of 1999" by Israel's national radio station, and is invited to play all the major rock festivals and events around the country.
In 2001 Mashina's (משינה) Shlomi Bracha helped produce the band's third album "Rutz Yeled" (Run, Kid!), a studio album that was recorded live. Following the release of the album, the band joined Ehud Banai on the road, for a collaboration that continues to this day.
Their fourth album "Yadaiim Lemalah" (Put Your Hands Up in the Air) was released in 2004, and was produced for the first time by the band themselves.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Lemaya Yesh Ekdach (Maya Has A Gun) - 7,338 plays
- Hainu Ossim Ahava (We Would Do Love) - 4,994 plays
- Anachnu Ladrachim (We On The Way To The Roads) - 4,902 plays
- Ma Nishar (What's Left) - 4,854 plays
- Mitot Cholot (Sick Beds) - 4,028 plays
- Agada Muzara (Weird Tale) - 3,972 plays
- Naffla Alecha Atzvoot (Sadness Have Fallen On You) - 4,025 plays
- Canna Wachda (Bought A Bunch) - 3,532 plays
- Ani Ba Elya (I'm Coming To Here) - 3,307 plays
- Lihiyot Levad (Being Alone) - 3,201 plays