1,075 Shouts - 7,023,365 Scrobbles
Melnitsa (Мельница, the Russian for mill) - is a Russian folk rock band. It was founded in 1999 in Moscow, Russia by Natalia "Hellawes" O'Shea and Alexey "Chus" Sapkov around the remnants of a local folk band 'Till Eulenspiegel'.
The band fuses Russian, Irish and other North European folk influences with guitar pop/rock. Natalia "Hellawes" O'Shea, the lead singer and primary songwriter, is an academic and a specialist in medieval European languages and cultures by day. Her expertise lends the typically complex fantasy-laden lyrics a degree of authenticity.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Королевна - (5:14) - 13,605 plays
- Дракон - (4:00) - 12,177 plays
- Дороги - (3:07) - 19,178 plays
- Двери Тамерлана - (3:29) - 12,984 plays
- Оборотень - (5:51) - 9,901 plays
- Ночная кобыла - (4:04) - 9,206 plays
- Дорога сна - (3:13) - 10,129 plays
- Рапунцель - (2:26) - 9,558 plays
- Господин горных дорог - (5:18) - 9,394 plays
- Травушка - (3:55) - 9,307 plays