Following her tragic passing in July comes the first posthumous album from Amy Winehouse. Titled Lioness: Hidden Treasures, the album features several covers and other unreleased songs, hand picked by Mark Ronson and Salaam Remi in close association with Amy’s family.
It was a thrill to record with Amy...one of the most honest musicians I have ever known.
” Tony Bennett Winehouse was without question one of the most talented, original, and best-loved artists to emerge in popular music for decades. The 12-track Lioness collection (to be released in the U.S. Dec. 6) features previously unreleased tracks, alternate versions of existing classics, as well as a couple of brand new Amy compositions.
It was said by all who worked with Amy that she never sang or played a song the same way twice. It quickly became apparent to Salaam and Mark that they had a collection of songs that deserved to be heard, music that was a fitting testament to Amy the artist and, as importantly, Amy their friend.
And we'll have everything
We'll share the joy
Falling in love can bring
1. “Our Day Will Come” (produced by Salaam Remi. 2002)
2. “Between The Cheats” (produced by Salaam Remi. May 2008)
3. “Tears Dry” (produced by Salaam Remi. November 2005)
4. “Wake Up Alone” (produced by Paul O’Duffy. March 2006)
5. “Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow” (Shirelles original. produced by Mark Ronson, featuring Dap Kings. September 2004)
6. “Valerie” (produced by Mark Ronson. December 2006)
7. “Like Smoke” with Nas (produced by Salaam Remi. May 2008)
8. “The Girl From Ipanema”(produced by Salaam Remi. May 2002)
9. “Halftime” (produced by Salaam Remi. August 2002)
10. “Best Friends” (produced by Salaam Remi. February 2003)
11. “Body & Soul” with Tony Bennett (produced by Phil Ramone. Recorded at Abbey Road Studios. March 2011. Amy’s final recording)
12. “A Song For You” (Leon Russell original. produced by Salaam Remi. Spring 2009)